Vasotens 24 (AS)
Software Vasotens 24 “Arterial stiffness” enables an assessment of 24-hour arterial stiffness parameters simultaneously with a routine 24-hour ABPM test. It is implemented in BPLabWin software as well. The use of Vasotens 24® enables an upgrade of the basic BPLab ABPM data and a re-assessment of the archived records for central BP and arterial stiffness parameters. BPLabWin® software is used for a standard interpretation of 24-hour ABPM test results, and Vasotens24® (+ dongle key and registration data) for a 24-hour pulse wave analysis. One can also use the telemedicine platform www.tholomeus.net and / or the cloud-based service SaaS “Vasotens®”.
Additional parameters assessed during a 24-hour ABPM test:
- Systolic BP, diastolic BP, pulse pressure, heart rate (SYS, DIA, PP, HR);
- Augmentation index in aorta (AIxao);
- Estimated pulse wave velocity in aorta (PWVao)*;
- Pulse pressure amplification (PPA)
- Systolic blood pressure in aorta (SYSao)
- Patient’s body position and activity
* Although validated but still an experimental parameter.
Vasotens® Technology is a modern technology of pulse wave assessment by oscillometry.
It was designed for a non-invasive assessment of the parameters of:
- central blood pressure
- arterial stiffness.
Oscillometric cuff blood pressure measurement records.
- Clinically validated as a part of BPLab® software;
- Cloud-based service SaaS “Vasotens®”;
- Integration into telemedicine services;
- Implementation with other manufacturers of blood pressure devices.
Fields of application:
- Risk stratification. For stratification of risk of hypertension, it is recommended to assess arterial stiffness by estimating pulse wave velocity.
- Isolated systolic hypertension. Isolated systolic hypertension in youth is an acute problem nowadays. Vasotens® technology provides an easy-to-use combined measurement procedure of peripheral blood pressure and central blood pressure instead of two operations – in order to confirm or to exclude ISH-diagnosis in children and adolescences.
- Drug therapy control. Different types of medical drugs have a different impact on central blood pressure. Central blood pressure control is very important to perform to avoid target organ damage in hypertensives.
- Masked hypertension detection.
A condition when a measuring device shows blood pressure values exceeding the actual parameters by 20-30 mm Hg can be observed in older people who suffer from arterial calcification, but rarely it may also occur in younger people.